Easy White Chocolate Caramel Suace
When I used to go Baskin Robbins, It has always been a hard decision to choose between caramel or chocolate sauce topping for my ice cream. So I usually tell them to top lightly with both of it. I know it sounds quite a lot, but its heavenly.
It is Valentine’s Day and I decided to go for Vanila PannaCotta. I did not had any berries to make a sauce out it. So I opened my cupboard and saw white chocolate, brown sugar and some leftover cream in the fridge. If I do not use the cream this week, I have to throw that out. I kept all the ingredients on my table and started staring at it. Obviously what came in my mind first was ‘caramel sauce’ and then I asked myself, “why can’t I add white chocolate to the caramel sauce”?. Next step – ‘Google Search’ and I saw an easy recipe for White Chocolate Caramel Sauce at ‘A Dash of Sanity‘ and it looked absolutely delicious. I did not bother for checking out another recipe. Entered the kitchen, wore my apron and started cooking.
You can top this sauce on ice cream, fruit salad, cake or brownie. If not these, just put your fingers in the sauce and straight to your mouth !!! I am sure, you might be imagining it . Enjoy!
- 1/2 Stick Butter or 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Half Vanilla Pod or 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup good quality White Chocolate
- Except white chocolate, put all the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Continue to cook whisking constantly for 5-6 minutes until it starts thickening.
- Switch off the flame and add the white chocolate. Let it rest for 4-5 mins and stir until combined.
- Store it in the refrigerator and warm a bit whenever using.
- If you feel, the sauce is too thick, you can always add cream to get the right consistency.